Our mission is to love and lead at-risk women in a Christ-centered environment that results in a lifestyle that promotes healing, generosity, integrity and independence.
To establish a ministry that truly changes the life trajectory of previously incarcerated women. To see long-term positive changes in our graduates. To develop businesses within Lifeway Haven that will eventually self support all the financial expenses of Lifeway Haven. Once sustainability is achieved, then duplicate Lifeway Haven in another community. To purchase land and develop Lifeway Village specifically for Lifeway graduates. For Lifeway Village to become a hub for community outreach and service.
It All Begins With the Four Life Pillars
We believe our individual lives are supported by these four pillars. Our purpose at Lifeway Haven is to help you become fully mature in each of these areas.
- Spiritual: your identity in Christ.
- Health: physical and mental.
- Relationships: with yourself, family, relatives, Lifeway sisters and the community.
- Work Life: including an entrepreneurial mindset, problem solving and critical thinking skills, job skills, work ethics and habits.
What You Can Expect
- To spend one year in a safe, protected environment to learn and grow in all aspects of the four life pillars.
- To follow house rules such as no smoking, alcohol, or drugs, limited use of sugar, restricted visitation and use of the phone. Our rules are in place for the home’s safety and your success.
- Gain privileges and responsibility as you progress through the program.
- Work 4 to 5 days a week on projects directly related to our facility, a business affiliated with Lifeway Haven, or a community volunteer project. In the process, you will learn new skills, responsibilities, good work ethics and leadership. Lifeway Haven will not be paying wages, but will be providing for all your basic needs (housing, clothes, hygiene, food, etc.), parole fees, reasonable healthcare (up to $1,000/year) and transportation.
- To learn a variety of marketable job skills in multiple business sectors.
- To allow one year graduates the opportunity to advance to our Graduate Program which is an additional year.
- When a Lifeway lady graduates from our one, or two year program, we want them to be fully equipped to not only survive in the free world, but to prosper. We know graduates will face challenges in the free world in the areas of transportation, housing and employment. It is our intent to address each of these challenges with our graduates to facilitate a smooth transition. Upon graduation and initial employment, graduates will be given access to a transition fund (worth approximately $2,200 for one year graduates and approximately $4,500 for two year graduates) that will help the graduate overcome these challenges.
Lifeway Haven is located on 10 acres in a beautiful countryside setting between Temple and Waco, Texas. The home itself is 5,000 sq. feet with 7 bedrooms. Initially, we expect Lifeway to be home for up to 6 ladies. Lifeway Haven will take advantage of its setting and maintain vegetable/herb gardens in an effort towards sustainability and nutrition. We suspect fresh chicken eggs will be in our future.
The Application Process
- After reading this introductory information, pray to seek God’s direction.
- If you are given peace and assurance, submit an application (see link below). You must be completely honest and thorough when filling out the application. If you are accepted into our program and it is later determined that some information was omitted or inaccurate, your residency will be revoked. Mail the application to:
PO Box 8871
Waco, TX 76714
- If possible, an interview will be setup.
- You will then be notified if you are accepted.
Application: Lifeway Haven Application.pdf