Lifeway Haven is set up to meet individual needs, spiritual growth and life skills to jumpstart your new life. It is our goal to equip each Lifeway Lady with the tools they can use to be a happy, successful and productive member of society.
It All Begins With The Four Life Pillars
We believe our individual lives are supported by these four pillars. It is our goal at Lifeway Haven to help you become fully mature in each of these areas.
- Spiritual: your identity in Christ.
- Health: physical and mental.
- Relationships: with yourself, family, relatives, Lifeway sisters and the community.
- Work Life: including education related to self-employment, job skills, work ethics and habits.
What You Can Expect
- To spend two years in a safe, protected environment to learn and grow in all aspects of the four life pillars.
- To follow house rules such as no smoking, alcohol, or drugs, limited use of sugar, restricted visitation and use of phone.
- Gain privileges and responsibility as you progress through the program.
- Work 4 to 6 days a week on projects directly related to our facility, a business affiliated with Lifeway Haven, or a community volunteer project. In the process, you will learn new skills, responsibilities, good work ethics and leadership. Lifeway Haven will not be paying wages, but will be providing for all your basic needs (housing, clothes, hygiene, food, etc.), parole fees, reasonable healthcare (up to $1,000/year) and transportation.
- To learn a variety of marketable job skills in multiple business sectors.
- To learn and participate in the development of a small business.
- When a Lifeway Lady graduates from this two year program, we want them to be fully equipped to not only survive in the free world, but to prosper. We know graduates will face challenges in the free world in the areas of transportation, housing and employment. It is our intent to address each of these challenges with our graduates to facilitate a smooth transition. Upon graduation and initial employment, graduates will be given access to a transition fund (worth approximately $4,500) that will help the graduate overcome these challenges.
Lifeway Haven is located on 10 acres in a beautiful countryside setting between Temple and Waco, Texas. The home itself is 8,000 sq. feet with 14 bedrooms. Initially we expect to house 6 to 8 ladies. Once fully operational, the house will become home to 15-18 ladies. Lifeway Haven will take advantage of its setting and maintain vegetable gardens in an effort towards sustainability and nutrition.
The Application Process
- After reading this introductory information, pray to seek God’s direction.
- If you are given peace and assurance, submit an application. You must be completely honest and thorough when filling out the application. If you are accepted into our program and it is later determined that some information was omitted or inaccurate, your residency will be revoked.
- If possible, an interview will be setup.
- You will then be notified if you are accepted.